With Winter well and truly here, so to is the Winter cold. Whilst it can sometimes be impossible to avoid catching, we've found 5 of the best foods to help prevent the Winter Cold from getting you this Winter.
1. Garlic. Not just for adding flavour, garlic has been found to help fight off the cold. It also contains potassium, calcium and sulfuric compounds that get rid of unwanted bacteria.
2. Yoghurt. Great first thing in the morning for breakfast, yoghurt contains probiotics that help the body resist contaminations and aid in quicker recovery from infections.
3. Green Tea. Great to sip on and warm up throughout the day. Green tea contains antioxidants needed for optimal health. It is also found to protect the body against oxidants and radicals, which can cause harm to the body when not properly regulated.
4. Salmon. Rich in protein Salmon is a great superfood for getting your essential nutrients like omega-3 fatty acid, which is necessary for the activation of T-cells. The higher your T-cell count, the better chance you have of not getting sick.
5. Sweet Potatoes. Swap out the old faithful potato and substitute it with the tasty sweet potato. The carbohydrate is rich in antioxidants and improves cell function.